Monday, April 12, 2010

Walkers at SRU

I do not understand why there are people at Slippery Rock Unviersity who have not learned how to walk on a sidewalk without bothering other people. It is the most annoying thing to me when you have to get somewhere quickly and there are either a group of say 2-4 if not more people walking towards you, and they expect the one person walking on the very edge of the right side of the sidewalk to walk into the grass and around them because they are too stubborn and inconciderate to move. Also, when there is just ONE person walking in front of you, but it some how seems they are taking up the entire sidewalk. Either they walk WAY too slow and it is awkward trying to pass them because again people are walking towards you. Or they some how manage to zig zag themselves across the sidewalk so you surely have to walk in the grass to get around them. I was walking up the stairs from the lower floor of the field house, near Donahue's office. And there was a girl who literally was texting while walking, and zig zagged her way up the stairs so I was unable to get by. AND when she made it to the top of the stairs, instead of turning left, right, or walking straight. So stopped in the middle of the top stair, and I had to say "excuse me," so I could get by and head on to class. SO ANNOYING!

2 comments:

  1. First of all I want to say your post literally made me laugh out loud. The sad thing is is that this is entirely true. I have been the victim those sidewalk bullies you described. Those foul creatures that don't understand the concept of sharing the sidewalk. They think they are the only ones trying to get anywhere. The texting thing is also ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I have done the text and walk but I know I have stayed in my lane and kept up my speed. If you can't do it just wait. That message will be the same if you send it a minute later when you arrive at your destination. GEEZE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about people who are inconsiderate of other people around them. I have definetely seen people texting and not only almost ran into people walk across the rode not even paying attention to cars that are passing. I have definetely did the text and walk thing but try to not walk into people lol. But basically if someone going to be stubborn and try to walk into you and be stubborn right back because when it comes down to it their not going to want to walk into you. But at the same time people need to be more courteous to people and things around them.

    ReplyDelete